Terms & Conditions
Effective date: Aug 2022
The present website CoverLetterCoach.com (hereinafter, the/our “Website”) is owned and operated by Lead Career S.L. which is a private company, duly registered with the Trade Registry of Barcelona, Book 45832 Folio 48 S8 Page B500429 and entry I/A 1, with TAX ID B66969718 and with its registered office at Av. Litoral Mar 12-14, 5ª Pl.08005 Barcelona, Spain and contact email: email@example.com (hereinafter, the/our “Company”).
These Terms and Conditions explain the conditions of access to the services offered on this Website, to which the User is automatically linked at the time of creating an account herein. By clicking the “Sign up” button, the User clearly states that he/she has read, understood, and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The creation of an account unrelated to the selection of a subscription plan, does not give place to any payment by the user.
The confirmation of payment of a subscription plan to the services offered through this Website automatically confers the User the status of Customer. Hereinafter, therefore, the User who, after creating an account, has chosen a subscription plan will be referred to as “Customer”.
The Company reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions, in accordance with new legislative and/or jurisprudential requirements and/or business needs or interests, at any time and without prior notice to the User and/or Customer. The updated version of these Terms and Conditions will be effective immediately, as soon as they are published on this Website.
These Terms and Conditions are permanently available on the present Website so that the User can consult them at all times.
For any doubts or questions related to these Terms and Conditions you can contact us through our Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Contact Form or by telephone or live chat.
Description of Services
This Website offers its Users and/or Customers the following services:
- Access to specialized content, tooltips, and services in relation to the creation of professional documentation such as a resume, cover letters, and/or an electronic profile, etc. (hereinafter, “Documents” and/or “professional documents”).
- The possibility to search for job offers and online courses that might be of their interest.
- 24/7 multilingual Customer Service which can be contacted by different means, which are duly indicated in the “Customer Service” section of this Terms and Conditions.
Please note that the User and/or Customer is the sole owner and sole responsible party for the professional documents, personal data and/or private information that he/she creates, edits, incorporates, and/or stores on this Website. In this sense:
- The User and/or Customer is the only one responsible for guaranteeing the lawful, truthful, and updated, and complete personal data and private information included in the professional documents created and, where appropriate, shared to third parties.
- The access by third parties other than the User and/or Customer to the said information and/or documents will be carried out under the supervision and exclusive responsibility of the User and/or Customer, excluding the Company, its business partners and/or services providers from any liability in this regard.
In addition to the above, please be informed that under no circumstance does the Company review, control, edit, monitor the professional documentation created by the User and/or Customer in order to verify that the data provided is lawful, truthful, and updated, nor make profiles of Users and/or Customers based on the documents the Users and/or Customers have created or the job offers and / or online courses they have consulted.
Access to Services and Registration
You can access and navigate this Website as a User or as a Customer, provided that you are an adult according to the laws and regulations of your birth or country of residence.
The User can navigate and explore the content and professional documents offered by this Website free of charge, without creating an account nor choosing a subscription plan.
Free Services without Registration
All Users can access several services without needing to register on our website nor even having to choose a subscription plan and pay an initial fee, being this:
- Complete and edit the chosen professional document. In this regard, note that while completing the desired professional document, you can select the option of “content wizard”, which will help you fill in the corresponding fields according to the intended profession;
- Browse and consult, and even download, the information and documents freely accessible on the Site, such as our guide which contains numerous tips on how to create a successful resume.
Free Services with Registration
The use of the following services is subject to the creation of an account on the Site, without it being necessary for the User/Customer to choose a subscription plan:
- Download the completed and chosen professional document in TXT format;
- Search and/or consult job offers from the corresponding section of the User’s private account;
Payment Services with Registration
The User/Customer who wishes to access the following services must create an account on our website and choose a subscription plan, thus qualifying him/her as a Customer. Otherwise, the following services will not be available to the User:
- Download the completed and chosen professional document in PDF format;
- Share the created professional document of the Customer’s interest, publicly or privately, through a link;
- Consult the recommended online courses which might be of your interest;
For more information, see the “Pricing and Payments” of these Terms and Conditions.
In the event that you provide us with a third party’s personal data and/or information, no matter if they are an adult or a minor, you guarantee to us that (i) you have informed the data subject about the purposes of processing his/her personal data and (ii) you have the data subject’s express consent to communicate us his/her personal data or the authorization of his/her parents or legal guardian to communicate his/her personal data to us, unless the data subject is a minor and you are his/her parent and/or legal guardian due to the common understanding that you can grant your consent to us to process the minor’s personal data by communicating it to us.
Technical means for correcting errors
If when you preview and/or download a professional document that you have created, and you detect that the information completed and/or indicated is incorrect, incomplete or imprecise, from your user account you will be able to access the created document, select and correct all the necessary information as many times as you see fit.
If for any reason you are unable to make the intended changes in the professional document you’ve created, please contact our Customer Service through one of its channels (email, Live Chat, Contact Form, telephone, etc.).
Prices and Payments
The price and payment of the subscription plan to the services offered through this Website chosen by the User will be governed by the information detailed in this section.
In order to download the professional document created in PDF format, the User/Customer must select and subscribe to one of the following subscription plans for the Services offered on this site.
- 14 Days Basic – Initial 14 days trial period at a cost of 0,95€. If the User does not request the cancellation of the chosen subscription plan within 14 days from the date of receipt of the email confirming the payment of the initial cost, a monthly subscription of 29,95€ will be automatically activated, at the same payment method chosen by the User to make the payment of the initial cost.
- 14 Days Unlimited – Initial 14 days trial period for a fee of 1,95€. After 14 days once the User has received the payment confirmation email, a monthly membership of 29,95€.
- Monthly Unlimited – One-time payment of 95,40€ and automatic annual renewal. This plan has a monthly cost of 7,95€ and can be canceled at any time from the date of receipt of the email confirming payment of the relevant cost.
Once the payment has been made, a payment confirmation email that explains the details and conditions of the subscription plan chosen and how to cancel it (unsubscription) will be sent by the Company. In this regard, please be aware that:
- If you want to avoid the “membership fee” being applied you must cancel your subscription plan before the “initial trial period” elapses.
- The “membership fee” will be automatically charged to the same payment method used to pay for the “initial trial period”.
- You can cancel your contracted subscription plan as indicated in the “The Cancellation of Subscription plans” section of these Terms and Conditions.
- The only methods of payment accepted shall be those indicated on this site and/or on the payment page of the subscription plans for the Services.
- The Company reserves the right to update the types and terms of subscription plans offered, at any time, depending on its business objectives, strategy and needs, without prior notice to Users and/or Customers.
- The Company reserves the right to update the costs of the subscription plans indicated herein at any time according to its business goals, strategy and needs. The new costs will be effective immediately, as soon as they are published on this Website, without prior notice to Users and/or Customers. However, the updated costs are not retroactive and therefore will not affect Customers who have already purchased a subscription plan before the update.
- The Company also reserves the right to vary the costs of the subscription plans indicated herein at any time on the basis of the country from which you are accessing and browsing through our Website, according to business goals, strategy and interests.
- Please note that the debit/credit card used in the payment must be yours and you must be the legitimate holder of it. Therefore, the Company will not assume any responsibility in case you are not the holder or legitimate holder of the card since this circumstance is beyond our reasonable control. However, if necessary, the Company will provide appropriate cooperation to the Customer and/or law enforcement and/or judicial authorities, for the detection and/or investigation of fraudulent operation(s) linked to the debit/credit card used to make payment of the Services offered.
- Credit cards may be subject to checks and authorizations by the issuing bank. If said entity does not authorize the intended payment, the Company will not provide the services and will not assume any type of responsibility for lack of provision of our Services.
- As long as the User wishes to continue accessing our services, they must keep their payment information up to date. Otherwise, we reserve the right to cancel the User’s chosen plan and private account without prior notice, ceasing the services immediately. If your card has been blocked/declined/expired, we will be unable to process your payment and, therefore, our services will not be rendered. For any financial problems you might be experiencing, please contact your bank.
- If the User/Customer Card has been blocked/refused/expired, we will not be able to proceed with the payment of the fees for the selected subscription plan. As such, the Company reserves the right to cancel the plan selected by the User/Customer and, where deemed appropriate, cancel access to the User/Customer’s private account on this Website, without prior notice.
- Additionally the transaction, depending on the origin of the User’s transactions, the payment method used and the origin of the payment method, may be subject to applicable fees for currency exchange or price differences, due to exchange commissions. The Company is not responsible for any commission for currency exchange or surcharges and will not give any compensation or refund for any surcharges imposed by your bank or card issuer.
- Despite having the correct internal security protocols regarding fraudulent use of payment methods, in no case, can we assume responsibility for the User’s lack of security measures in connection with the custody of the Customer’s payment credit/debit card and security keys and/or passwords, since this circumstance is beyond our reasonable control. We will not be responsible for fraudulent use, although we will make our best efforts to avoid this situation from occurring.
In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, the User/Customer is informed and, by registering and using the Services, acknowledges that the withdrawal right does not apply because professional documents (e.g CV) are digital in nature and they are automatically consumed by the User/Customer at the time of downloading them.
For information on how to cancel subscription plans, please refer to the “Cancellation of subscription plans” section of these Terms and Conditions.
The Cancellation of Subscription plans
As explained in the section “Price and Payments” of these Terms and Conditions:
As 14 Days Basic and 14 Days Unlimited, to avoid the “membership fee” activation, Customer must cancel his/her chosen subscription plan prior to the end of the initial trial period, which starts to count from the date in which the Customer receives the payment confirmation email, whether from the Company or from the applicable Merchant of Records, of the initial cost of the selected subscription plan.
As for the Monthly Unlimited, it may be canceled at any time from the date of receipt of the payment confirmation email of the relevant cost.
The Customer can cancel the subscription plans in two ways:
- By accessing his/her personal account/private profile on this site and going to the “Subscription” section, where you can find the option to cancel his plan.
- By contacting our Customer Service Department through the contact channels indicated at the end of these Terms and Conditions. In this regard, please be informed that our Customer Service department may require you to provide certain information in order to verify your identity as our Customer.
The cancellation of the contracted subscription plan:
- Implies the application of the Company’s Refund Policy.
- Entails the blocking of the Customer’s file in our information systems to prevent new charges in accordance with the payment conditions of the subscription plan hired.
The refund policy offered by the Company is:
A.14 Days Basic and 14 Days Unlimited Subscription Plans:
- The cost of the initial trial period fee will not be refunded.
- The last “membership fee” charged (means, those charged the month the Customer requests the cancellation of the subscription plan contracted) will only be refunded under expressly request of the Customer. In this regard, it is informed that “membership fee” already charged prior to the date of request of cancellation will not be refunded.
Since this is an annual subscription plan, the amount corresponding to the remaining months that the Customer will not use the services will be refunded.
The Customer can use the following channels to request a refund:
In case of approval of an exceptional refund, further than the above, the transfer will be made with the same method used for the payment of the selected subscription plan and an e-mail confirming the refund will be sent to the Customer as soon as the refund will have been issued.
Merchant of Record
Payments made through the Site will be in favor oF Lead Career SL which is a private company, with Tax ID B66969718 and will be managed by its payment service provider Paddle.com Inc, a private company with tax code 30-1210399 with registered office at 3811 Ditmars Blvd # 1071 Astoria NY 11105-1803 and contact email email@example.com. Hereinafter referred to as “Paddle”. As mentioned, Paddle will carry out and manage the collection of the total costs of the subscription plan chosen by the Customer and, if necessary, will approve and issue a refund.
Please note that the customer’s payment information is transmitted directly, via a secure connection, to Paddle’s computer systems. The Company does not have access to complete credit or debit card data, nor does it store them.
Likewise, the Company applies all measures to ensure the reliability and security of communications and interactions between Customers and Users and this Website.
Furthermore, the Company will issue an invoice for the charges made, when requested by the Customer, or, the Customer can ask Paddle for the invoice:
- n case of request the invoice to the Company, must be made to our Customer Service. The customer expressly authorizes the Company to send the invoice in electronic format, although it is possible to indicate to our Customer Service if you wish to receive a paper invoice, in which case we will send it in this format to the postal address you will provide.
- Moreover, in the event of an invoice request to Paddle, the Customer: (i) must contact them directly to resolve any doubts relating to the charges made to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org., and; (ii) expressly authorizes Paddle.com Inc to send him the invoice in electronic format, although he may contact the Merchant of Record if he wishes to receive a paper invoice.
Please be informed that the Company reserves the right to collaborate with other third parties to collect the costs of the subscription plans.
Exclusion of Responsibility
In accordance with the “Description of Services” section of this Terms and Conditions, the Company will not assume any responsibility for the following circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control:
- The Website will not be responsible for the updating, accuracy, veracity or legality of the information within any Documents stored by Users, nor for its use through the Website.
- The Company will not be held responsible over the quality, accuracy, reliability, sincerity, integrity or availability of the professional documentation created by the User and/or Customer and sent to the third parties employers, as it is beyond our reasonable control.
- The Website does not guarantee the quality or appropriateness of the uploaded, consulted or stored files that will, in any case, be the responsibility of the User, and the company shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages arising from non-attributable uses.
- For the veracity and validity of the job positions published by third parties employers that the Website is not involved in, as well as for any transactions or exchanges of information between employers and the User and/or Customer to complete job applications.
- The Website is not involved in transactions or exchanges of information between the companies that provide online courses or job positions on the site and Users and/or Customers, and resultantly, the Company, can not be held responsible for the third party provision of services, information on their website or shown on ours or their advertisements. Therefore, our job information and online course tools are exclusively informative, so that the Users can consult them.
- Furthermore, the User and/or Customer expressly exempts the Company and among others, its service providers, or business partners from any liability arising from checking and applying to job alerts or online courses, as well as the possible unlawfulness of said information, access of third parties to their information and infringement of third parties’ rights regarding the created Documents desired.
Likewise, please be aware that the Company will not be held responsible if:
- If you provide Us with a third party’s personal data without their prior express consent, such as when creating a professional document for a third person.
- If you provide Us with the personal data of a minor and you are not his/her parent and/or legal guardian and/or that you have not obtained the authorization of his/her parents or legal guardians to communicate the minor’s personal data with us.
- If you are a minor and you have included and/or provided your personal data to this Website or have communicated it to a third party’s and/or employer’s website(s) without the prior express written consent of your parents or legal guardians.
In general, the Company shall not be liable for any use of the Site by Users or Customers that is contrary to applicable law. The Company reserves the right to take any measures to prevent the adoption of such conduct.
The User and/or Customer will respond to the Company and/or to corresponding third parties for any damages that could be caused as a result of the breach of his/her commitments and/or obligations set for in the present Terms and Conditions.
We have 24/7 multilingual Customer Service to facilitate communication between you and our Company. Our Customer Service will take care of your inquiries, suggestions, complaints, and/or claims regarding the services we offer through this Website, and where appropriate, managing the cancellation requests received.
Having said that, you can contact our Customer Service team via the following means:
- LiveChat available on our website, where an agent will personally assist you;
- Contact Form.
With reference to the to above, it is important to note that depending on the type of request made by the Client, it will usually be answered and/or resolved immediately in the course of the phone call, while others will require internal procedures, therefore the response to your request will be sent, for security reasons, to the contact email that the Client provided when registering on this website.
Be aware, we carefully process each individual question/email, so we will respond to you in the shortest time frame possible and, in any case, within the deadline established by the applicable laws and regulations.
Applicable Legislation and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the currently applicable Spanish laws and regulations.
In the case of controversy or disagreement between the Customer and the Company arising from these Terms and Conditions, both parties agree to submit their resolution, at their free choice and expressly waiving any other jurisdiction to which they may be entitled, to the competent Courts and Tribunals of the place of residence of the Customer.
The nullity, total or partial, of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, will not affect the validity of the other provisions.
The non-exercise by the Company of any right provided or derived from these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed, under any circumstances, as a waiver of said right, unless expressly and in writing waived by our Company or legal prescription of the action, that in each case corresponds to the applicable current legislation.