Effective date: Aug 2020
Please bear in mind that to access and use our Website you must be an adult and have legal capacity to enter into contracts, according to the applicable national laws and regulations of your birth and/or residence country.
What Does Personal Data Mean?
Who is your personal data controller?
Leadcareer S.L. and Paddle.com Market Ltd will be joint controllers of your personal data collected, when you browse our website, you use the services offered herein, when you purchase them, and/or you contact our Customer Service team by email, phone, chat or mail for any reason.
Please note that our Website may contain icons and/or links to redirect you to websites of third parties that give you access to functionalities and/or services such as job alerts or online courses. In this sense, please note that these third party websites are not operated by Us, so We cannot assume any responsibility for the information and content provided by them and/or the correct provision of the functionalities and/or services offered by these third parties, since We have no control over this. These third party websites are bound by their own cookie and privacy policies and you must consult them for further information on how your personal data is processed by them.
When do We collect your personal data?
The personal data We collect from, and about, you is as follows:
- Direct interactions: when you register on this Website, you create and, if appropriate, download a professional document, search for job offers, and/or you contact our Customer Service team by means such as the Website’s contact form, chat, telephone, postal address, email or telephone number requesting for information.
- Payment data: We will only request your payment information once you have registered on our Website, by creating an account, in order to download the desired professional document in a PDF format, share the created professional document, publicly or privately, through a link and/or consult the recommended online courses which might be of your interest. The captured data will be sent securely to our certified payment service providers, and if applicable to our payment service provider Paddle.com Inc, joint controller of your personal data, for the authorization of the transaction. In this regard, please do not hesitate to consult our Terms and Conditions to be informed about Paddle.com Inc company’s data. In no case do We visualize or access the complete data of your credit or debit card. It is the Customer’s responsibility not to enter, provide or send his/her card information through channels not authorized by the Company.
Please be informed that you only are required to provide the personal data and information strictly necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes detailed below. Therefore, not providing this information could result in the inability to assist you and/or address your informational requests, etc. With this in mind, please note that if you provide Us with more information than is expressly required, you consent to the processing of it for the informed purpose/s for which you’re sending it.
The User and/or Customer must provide accurate, updated and complete personal data and/or private information in order to fulfill the purposes detailed below. We will not assume any type of responsibility for circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control, such as being provided with erroneous, incomplete and/or fraudulent information from the User.
If you provide Us with personal data from third parties, such as when creating a professional document for a third person, whether these minors or adults, you guarantee to Us that you have informed them about the purposes for which their personal data will be processed by the Company and that you have obtained, if appropriate, their prior and express consent to communicate Us their personal data.
Equally, if you provide Us with the personal data of a minor, you guarantee to Us that you are his/her parent and/or legal guardian and/or that you have obtained the authorization of his/her parents or legal guardian to communicate the minor’s personal data with us. The company will not accept any responsibility for any breach of this requirement.
If you are a minor, it is necessary to have the prior consent of your parents or legal guardians to include your personal data on this Website. The company will not accept any responsibility for any breach of this requirement.
Additionally, bear in mind that if:
- the Company has received an adult’s personal data and/or private information in order to create a professional document on his/her behalf by an individual without having requested his/her express consent to communicate Us his/her personal data, the Company in such a case reserves the right to inform the data subject about how his/her personal data and/or private information has been collected and, where appropriate, will ask the individual who provided the personal data to the Company to confirm he/she requested the consent of the data subject and, where appropriate, to amend this circumstances. In any case, the data subject will at all times have the possibility to object to the processing of his/her personal data by the Company, in which case, We will proceed to cancel the user’s account as well as other measures that are considered appropriate.
- the Company has received a minor’s personal data and/or private information to create the desired professional document provided by an individual who is not his/her parent and/or legal guardian, as soon as the Company detects and/or becomes aware of this situation, it will proceed to take the appropriate measures to fix the situation.
- What do We use your personal data for? Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- To access and enjoy the professional documentation creation services offered on this website and/or to send you operational communications related to the payment of the subscription to the services chosen by the User and/or cancellation of the chosen subscription plan;
- To inform you of third party job alerts and online courses that might be of interest to you;
- To send you information about the latest updates to our website;
- For administrative purposes related to the collection of the cost of the subscription plans to the services offered through this Website, the verification of your payment information, accountancy and billing tasks;
- To send you electronic commercial communications with information that might be of your interest, such as online courses, unless you object the processing of your personal data for this purpose;
- To send you newsletters if you have given your consent to receive them;
- To improve your user experience on our Website and Customer Service support by analyzing your and other customers usage of our Website and/or your communications with Us;
- To comply with our legal obligations and/or to respond to judicial, administrative or police requirements;
- To properly address your informational request, claims or queries, through one of our several means of contact, about Us and/or our professional services and/or to attend to your assistance and refund requests;
- To carry out periodic checks against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity on/or through our Website.
Moreover, please be informed that, for security reasons, in the event you contact the Customer Service, they may ask you to provide personal data and/or information to verify your identity and that you are our Customer, before proceeding to address your request. The requested data shall include: (i) registration email used in our website; (ii) User ID (which is provided in the payment confirmation email); (iii) last 4 digits of the credit/debit card used to purchase our services.
Please be informed that if you contact our Customer Service via telephone, your phone call will be recorded for security purposes and to improve the quality of the telephone service, this being a standard practice in many companies. You will be informed in advance that your call will be recorded and you will also have access to the information on how the Company processes the personal data you will be required to provide during the call to verify your identity as a Customer and the subscription plan you have contracted in order to properly attend to your request. Please be informed that your call will only be recorded if you give us your express consent for it, which will be understood to be granted if you do not hang up and wait to be attended to by an agent from the Customer Service team. If you do not want to be recorded, then you must hang up and not continue with your call and contact our Customer Service by email email@example.com.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We only process your personal data when there is a legal basis for doing so. The legal basis will depend on the reason We collect and process your personal data. In almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- The execution of the contract with you means, keeping the professional documentation creation services offered on this website available to you at all times, as well as to attend your refund requests and unsubscribe requests, and if applicable, for our payment service provider Paddle.com Inc to carry out the latter above mentioned. For further information, please consult Paddle.com Inc Terms and Conditions on its website;
- The consent that you provided Us with for the processing of your personal data in connection to the purposes informed at the time of collection of your data, such as to receive the requested information, to sign up for a newsletter or to attend to your phone calls to our Customer Service or direct interaction via live chat or;
- To comply with our legal obligations and/or to attend to judicial, administrative or police requirements regarding the services offered to the Customer;
- Our legitimate interest regarding (i) informing you about third party job alerts and/or online courses that might be of your interest, (ii) administrative purposes (iii) fraud control of credit cards and other methods of payments, (iv) to address possible claims regarding the services offered through this Website, (v) enhancing user experience when you use this Website and to operate it efficiently, (vi) monitoring fraudulent activity in order to preserve the security and integrity of our Website.
In the event that we send you electronic commercial communications, all of them will include an unsubscribe link, so you can object to receiving it at any time. We will try to process your unsubscription request immediately, but sometimes this process may take a number of days to become effective, during this period you may still receive our communications.
How long do We keep your personal data?
We will process your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected and, beyond that, your personal data will be retained, and duly securely blocked for the necessary period that We need to keep it. For example, it will be kept for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and/or address possible claims related to the services offered through this Website; to finish an investigation of a fraudulent or illicit activity detected; to retain Cookies’ information providing that you do not revoke consent, etc. Once the necessary retention period has elapsed, your personal data will be securely deleted from our information systems.
Moreover, if you have provided Us with your consent to process your personal data for specific purposes, note that you can withdraw said consent at any time by contacting our Customer Service team by email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or by clicking the link to unsubscribe in case of electronic commercial communications.
Who Do We Share Personal Data With?
We may communicate your personal data to the following third parties that participate in the provision of the services offered on this Website and/or in the management of the User and/or Customer’s information, including but not limited to:
- partners and/or suppliers such as companies who handle the advertisement of online courses and/or the job alerts;
- payment service providers, including if applicable with our payment service provider Paddle.com Inc, credit/debit card companies and/or entities who offer other payments methods/solutions;
- technology service providers which host our information systems and/or that offer Us tools or technological support;
- public entities to comply with our legal obligations;
- administrative, judicial and/or police authorities in response to requirements, as long as they are required in accordance with the applicable law and regulations;
- our legal advisors, when a claim is presented related to the services offered through this website and when it is necessary to protect and/or defend our legitimate interests.
The third parties mentioned above may have their headquarters outside the European Economic Area (EEA), therefore the communication of personal data to them may involve an international transfer of personal data. In this regard, We inform you that We will only transfer personal data to recipients located in countries that offer a level of personal data protection comparable to the laws and regulations of data protection of European countries or, failing that, We will apply the appropriate safeguards required by the current applicable law and regulations on the protection of personal data, in order to ensure the privacy and security of your personal data and that your individual rights and freedoms are guaranteed.
How do We protect your personal data?
Your personal data is securely stored securely by our information systems and We have established the technical and organizational measures necessary to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data and to protect it against unauthorised or unlawful processing and/or accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Furthermore, We have taken reasonable measures to guarantee that all our staff, as well as the suppliers or collaborators with access to your personal data, have received adequate training regarding the processing of the personal data collected.
Although We will do our best to guarantee the protection of your personal data transmitted through our Website and/or that you may provide Us by others means such as email or phone, please bear in mind that you should also take precautions to keep safe your personal data such as e.g you must not share the details of your “User account” of this Website with other individuals, must take precautions against online fraud and phishing, and must not enter or confirm your bank detail by means of fake messages.
What Rights Do You Have and How Can You Exercise Them?
You may, with any cost, exercise your rights of: access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, to object, as well as the right to the portability of your personal data, by a written request addressed to Us, sent by email to: email@example.com , telephone, live chat or by post to Av. Litoral nº 12-14, 5ft floor, 08005 Barcelona – Spain.
You may modify the “privacy settings” of your Website browser to set up tracking cookies at any time. Also, you can install programs or add-ons to your browser, known as “Do Not Track” tools, which will allow you to choose the Cookies you want to allow. For further information, check our Cookies Policy.
Your data protection rights request will be responded to within one (1) month; but occasionally, this period may be extended by two (2) further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and/or number of requests you may have made. In this case, We will notify you of such an extension together with the reasons for the delay.
When you consider it appropriate, you have the right to lodge a complaint before the corresponding Supervisory Authority, for example, when you consider that your data protection rights have not been adequately addressed.